Greater London, Greater London
1.5
Additional Services
Insurance Quality

After a long haul flight, arriving early evening, and tired all we wanted to do was get on our way to my sister's home. After waiting quite a while to be attended to, I was told that I could not take the car without taking their 'optional' insurance. I was told if not happy, go to another car hire company.

Under this duress I had no option but to take out their additional cover, and when I returned the car I found out that their insurance was 405.85GBP from 04 June to 22 June, 2015.

This is extorionate when the actual car hire only cost USD273.78 (approx 175GBP)

>> From rentacars...Please carefully check to make sure all your travel details are correct.

>Things to remember when picking up your car

>• Your voucher.

>• A valid credit card in the main drivers name

>• Your Driving License (Both parts if applicable).

>At the Europcar counter, you may decide to buy additional cover – to reduce or remove your excess, or to cover things your Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) doesn’t, such as tyres and windscreen.

I DID NOT WANT TO BUY, BUT HAD NO REAL CHOICE

I feel that Europcar should reimburse the charges they made of which I was not previously aware, and totally unfair. Never in all the years of hiring cars have I been faced with this situation or forced to take out over-priced insurance, what a welcome to England

This reviewer shared experience about pricing issue and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $635. The author is overall dissatisfied with Europcar. The most disappointing about europcar car rental from Europcar was insurance rip off charge, attitude of the staff and insurance cost , but reviewer liked new car. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Europcar.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Rentals category for more informed decision or compare Europcar to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Europcar?

Comments

definitely a ripoff company , read of others experiences

no response from them, so much for a professional customer service too, better to avoid them so you are not ripped off too