Additional Fees
Additional Services
Insurance Quality

What a terrible company. I wish I could give a lower rating. NEVER rent from this company. Highly unethical business practices.

I got a flat tire in the middle of nowhere and, of course, the rental car had no spare tire. While not technically illegal, I would consider this negligence as I was stranded for over 5 hours.

Their plan was to send a recovery vehicle from where I rented, over 100 miles away (why would it need to come from there, rather than somewhere closer?) to tow me back to the rental location. I still had a full day left for the rental and stated that I wanted the tire replaced so I could continue using the vehicle. Europcar arranged for a garage nearby to fix the tire, which I had to pay at the time. When I returned home, I received an invoice for over 200 miles for their ridiculous original plan to recover my vehicle. They also charged me for replacing the tire (which again, I already paid for at the time it was fixed).

This business is highly questionable. I find it highly suspicious that they have mostly great reviews on their own website (with claims of unbiased reviews), yet every other website gives them abysmal ratings. I can't even review on their website as they "randomly" select customers to write reviews. So I'll just write my negative review everywhere else.

Product or Service Mentioned: Europcar Car Rental.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Deceitful practice and overcharging.

Comments