When I returned the car they said that I was responsible for a scuff mark on the tire. They charged me 166 English Pounds or approximately $255.00 to cover this damage. The three marks were less than three eighths of an inch long. Not visible while standing beside the car on a dry day.... let alone on the rainy day that we had when we picked up the car.
Even if we were guilty of .....MALICIOUS TIRE SCUFFING.... the demanded payment of 166 (sufficient to buy two tires in Canada) was grossly excessive. We do not believe we caused the damage at all.
IT IS MY BELIEF THAT THIS COMPANY KNOWINGLY PROMOTES A CAR RETURN DAMAGE POLICY THAT BLATANTLY ABUSES THEIR CUSTOMERS WALLETS WITH FRAUDULENT CLAIMS AND EXCESSIVE CHARGES.
The customer is particularly vulnerable because they are not citizens of this country, are not able to seek legal recourse easily and are obligated to catch their flight or risk losing the cost of their tickets.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Car Damage Charge
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Kuala Lumpur Europcar cars are old, dirty and not road worthy. Fell for their glossy website and booked a car. On pick up I was offered a 7 y.o. rusted..."
- "1. Rented a Thrifty car online 1 week in advance. 2. Next day received email with 25% discount offer so made new reservation online. Attempted to cancel 1st reservation but system..."
- " I write to get your advice on a car rental and subsequent deduction of charges which are on dispute On the 20th Of January we hired a vehicle from..."
- "bratford exchange sold forever in mothers heart personalised braclet for me and the braclet started fading after 2months and i contacted them but they refuse to answer me they said..."
- "We bought 6 Fu-nicha "z" chairs in faux leather and a glass dining table for over £800. Within 11 months the "faux" leather covers have ripped and worn through. The..."
- "Shervin Salek, Georgia Nash :Vintage Booties is a trash as it sells the cheapest quality of shoes!!Stop delivering such crummy shoes to customers Vintage Booties!!! You all are big bastards..."
- " Disgusted with this company. I'd just set up my own Ltd company, and being completely naive and trusting, I was told by a rather smug *** scammer known as..."
- "I bought a $14.00 pair of earrings that looked beautiful on their website. They looked stunning, and I was so excited to get them. I got them in the mail..."
- "We own a 2013 Honda CR-V it has performed very well until recently. The car was sitting in a parking lot . A crook came along side of the car..."