London, England

When I returned the car they said that I was responsible for a scuff mark on the tire. They charged me 166 English Pounds or approximately $255.00 to cover this damage. The three marks were less than three eighths of an inch long. Not visible while standing beside the car on a dry day.... let alone on the rainy day that we had when we picked up the car.

Even if we were guilty of .....MALICIOUS TIRE SCUFFING.... the demanded payment of 166 (sufficient to buy two tires in Canada) was grossly excessive. We do not believe we caused the damage at all.

IT IS MY BELIEF THAT THIS COMPANY KNOWINGLY PROMOTES A CAR RETURN DAMAGE POLICY THAT BLATANTLY ABUSES THEIR CUSTOMERS WALLETS WITH FRAUDULENT CLAIMS AND EXCESSIVE CHARGES.

The customer is particularly vulnerable because they are not citizens of this country, are not able to seek legal recourse easily and are obligated to catch their flight or risk losing the cost of their tickets.

Had an Experience with Europcar?

Comments

Roman
Milan, Lombardy, Italy #932088

The same situation in Malpensa Milan airport (Italy).I was charged 350 euro for little scratch on a wheel which wasn't notice when I picked it up.

The same amount cost 4 wheels for this car.

I'm very angy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!It's really gold car.