Insurance Quality

I rented a car through Rentalcars.com from Europcar in Manchester, England for the period June 4 to June 17. When I returned the car to Europcar I was charged £195 for a damaged side-view mirror and an additional £27 for Damage Admin Fee. My insurance coverage will reimburse me for these costs provided that the rental company provides them with documentation on the repair.

Since July I have been trying to get Europcar to provide the information requested by my insurance company. I have sent over 10 e-mails to customerservicesuk@europcar.com and 2 letters by regular mail to Europcar Group UK Limited. Customer Services James House, 55 Welford Rd, Leiceister LE2 7AR England. In that time I have received only one e-mail response from Europcar claiming that they had already provided the documentation to my insurance company. They inform me that they are still awaiting the requested documentation. I have followed up with to another letter by mail and additional E-mails to Europcar and they are completely non-responsive to my communications.

I am absolutely disgusted with the “Customer Service” from Europcar and given my experience I recommend others not to deal with this firm.

Mikljb wrote the review because of "non response to my correspondence" at Europcar. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $330 and wants Europcar to have the product delivered.

The most disappointing in user's experience was damage overcharge and scammed. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Europcar and europcar car rental for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Europcar?

Comments

I had exactly the same experience with Europcar, Manchester.I returned the vehicle and was charged for damage which I disputed.

They charged an extra 150 pounds + 27 pounds to my credit card for damage. I had insurance through my card and made a claim. Then came the fun part where weeks went by waiting for information from Europcar to allow insurance to process claim. All my emails were ignored.

However I called my credit card claims dept. and told them. They contacted Europcar on my behalf and the information was provided next day.

CC insurance paid my claim in full.So it would seem that this is par for the course with this company.