My name is Christos Smagados. I am resident of Greece. On June 2009, I rent a car from europcar at Malpensa Milan. Due to my flight cancellation, I arrived in Milan with delay. I had inform the rental car for my schedule changement, but none were waiting for me. I forced to find accommodation at the airport in order to pick up the car the next morning. I paid my rental and later I was questioning the transaction and I asked a refund for cover my extra expences (taxi, accommodation). On July 2010 an amount of 250 euro refunded to my credit card. After that a law company from Milan sent me twice letter where asked to pay the same amount I had received back from europcar. I sent them a mail with copies of my credit card payments and after that I did not have any other annoyance. During 2010, I rent a car from europcar at EZE airport, Buenos Aires. And we are coming to16th March, 2013. With a confirmed bookind from europcar and partial prepaid I went at Queenstown airport to pick up my rental car (reservation number 954564300 ). During the pick up procession, I find out that my driving licence number and not my name was included in a black list. When I asked explaination, they told me to communicate with europcar in Malpensa, Milan. I sent mail but I am still waiting for an answer. The same thing happened again on 20th March at Wellington ferry terminal ( reservation number 954556651 ). The result was: I lost twice my time, I paid extra money for rent other cars from other companies and I changed my schedule twice violently. I am wondering if anyone, europcar including, has the authorization from EU laws to do something like that, with no previous notification? How europcar can confirm bookings connected with my name and accept money from me ( an European citizen) and then denies to release the car without any explaination? it is obvious that europcar wants to annoy me with a very painful way. Europcar allows me to book and pay for a car, but not to take a car. And why all these: for a previous financial matter between my bank and europcar's bank. For something has definetly finished at July 2010.

I am asking your help in order to face this unpleasant situation.  Please, inform me for your actions.                                             Sincierly Christos Smagados

Product or Service Mentioned: Europcar Car Rental.

Comments

#671917

If you didnt had all the papers you needed to have they arent going to release the car to u. you need to have drivers permit, card ID, and justification of home adress like a bill.

i understand your situation, but trust me europcar never does anything to *** people off. i work for them and never had a complaint.

but thats because when u do ur registration online u have more probabilities to have problems. just call and do your reservation directly with someone not online!