Leeds, England
1.6

A very bad experience. I decided for a weekend outside London with friends and we rented a car from this company. I called the Heathrow office and by telephone was proposed to me to rent a car for 22.10 GBP per day as an offer for a Vauxhall Astra (or similar). I accepted. The day after a smiling guy was waiting for us from his desk. He offered us to get a nice car at 25 GBP. I (maybe ***) accepted. We asked for a Gozen (0 Excess) insurance and for an additional driver. The day after the one we returned the car I received the Invoice with a lot of surprises:

1- prices given us before were before VAT @20%.

2- The £ 25 pound for the car was a plus called "customer choice" (it was said was the price of the car, not an optional upgrade car charge).

3 - The guy told us the milage was unlimited, but it wasn't.

4 - The deposit of 45.00 GBP paid the day before by telephone were not part of the total amount told from the guy at the desk!

I haven't received any invoice or proforma with finals detailed prices at the moment of the receipt of the car, but only a ticket with unclear prices and an "estimate" amount that with my imagination I should have understood was before VAT and not comprensive of the deposit paid.

Never again europcar.

Product or Service Mentioned: Europcar Car Rental.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Comments

Same problem here. Charged for things I didn't ask for, none of which was explained properly.

All I wanted was a manual compact car with zero excess. Pre-paid on Expedia. Was then charged 220% extra on top at the Europcar Heathrow office who tried to give me two 'better' cars that I didn't want. No choice but to accept it at the time as I needed the car!

Add to that, whichever way you slice it, the invoice break down does not add up to the total.

Will be complaining in writing for a full refund of everything that was mis-sold to me.

I have had far better service at Enterprise and Hertz at Heathrow, would recommend those instead, even if they cost a tiny bit more, they don't gouge you with unwanted extras.