Adelaide, South Australia

I booked and paid in full for 3 weeks rental through an online website. When I returned the car I was informed that there was a balance of £120 which had been taken off my card, I immediately complained as I had paid in full, I was informed that the extra money was for "˜Tyre & Windscreen cover', I did not ask for this and was never informed that this had been added to my account.

The lady at the returns desk pointed out that I had initialed next to that part on the rental agreement. However when I checked out the car the lady walked me round it to check for damage then handed me the clipboard and said "sign here and initial here". I had just travelled for 33 hours and did not bother looking at what I was initialing. Surely they cannot just *** weary travelers into paying for things they did not ask for.

I did not take out the excess insurance cover so why would I agree to pay £120 for tyre and windscreen cover, you could easily buy at least 2 brand new tyres for that. Thier staff are on commission for this?

I complained in writing to the Managing Director of Europcar UK and got told basicly Tough you signed for it.

Product or Service Mentioned: Europcar Car Rental.

Comments

never sign without reading- very ***