EUROPCAR rent you a sub standard car

278 of 337 Europcar reviews

They boast new cars and pre hire check however I saw none of this. I paid about a tenth of the cars value to hire a wreck in Bourges airport Bulgaria (BOU). At first the remote lock didn't work so I was told to just use the key, that's alright.

then when I tried getting back in the car I realised the key only worked in the driver's door, still not too bad then I realised the tyres were past there best! The legal requirement in Bulgaria is 1.6mm and markers on the tyre show this, the markers were the same level as the tread on 2 tyres and the others were just legal.

Then on the second day after a night there was a film of muck on my windscreen, pulled the leaver and hear the pump go but no washer fluid-cant say I was surprised though, why check the washers when you can't be bothered checking the tyres? I would also like to mention the amount of wheel wobble you got from the steering was amazing, the wheels must of been completely un balanced.Emailed them and (2 weeks later) got quite a snooty email response from them as well. Charming!

But it looks like i got of lightly! at least my bank balance is unharmed by europcar!!!!!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
278 of 337 Europcar reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Rose Winslet

Dec 07, 2012 #579133

Car hiring process is so easy if you have all the authenticated documents and the most important thing is a valid license.

Car rental Ireland| is very good service provider.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Europcar. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Europcar.
Filing a new complaint about
×