Additional Fees
Additional Services
Insurance Quality

My experience with Europcar was absolutely terrible. My wife and I booked a trip through Expedia and rented a car from Europcar and was supposed to pick it up from Norwich airport in England on Saturday Nov 21st 2017.

We paid for the rental car in full before our trip through Expedia. We landed at Norwich airport at 5:00pm to find the Europcar closed. Which they were expecting us to arrive, but instead closed at 4:00pm. While at the airport we tried calling the customer service number for the corp office which was also closed.

We spoke to customer service at the airport which they were not able to help us except point us to a taxi. We ended up getting a taxi which costed us £60.00 to take us to where we were staying. On Sunday Nov 22nd 2017 morning we called Europecar at the Norwich airport which was open and requested they bring a car to us. The person on the phone said it is against their policy to deliver a vehicle and that we would have to pick it up.

We had to get a taxi back up to the airport which was another £60.00. When we got to the checkout desk and explained how unhappy we were the employee behind the counter didn’t offer any sort of apology or refund for being closed when we arrived. Instead he said the insurance that we purchased through Expedia wasn’t sufficient and that we need to purchase the advance insurance plan directly through them which costed us an extra £34.00 a day. Total was about £230.00 after all said and done.

When we got home we contacted the Europcar customer service line and explained the entire situation and requested a refund on the 1 day we weren’t able to get the car as well as a full refund of the insurance we paid because that was an absolute lie the employee told us about the Expedia insurance. The customer service lady put in a case/ticket for us and sent us an email that she said we can reply to and send out taxi receipts to. I submitted the taxi receipt and have requested multiple times a status on our refund and have not heard a word from them since I submitted the case. I recommend no one use this company for anything.

Every review site I have been to about Europcar shows nothing but very bad reviews. I wish I would have seen these review sites before I decided to rent a car from them because they are horrible.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Scammed.