Additional Fees
Additional Services
Insurance Quality

I initially booked a reservation with Expedia.After I amended my flight reservation to fly to Alberta earlier DUE TO A FUNERAL, I called Europcar from Vancouver on Monday morning.

I spoke to a female staff member and explained that I needed to change my car reservation for a Monday evening pick up at the Calgary airport and conveyed that it was due to a bereavement. After a few moments on hold, she assured me a car would be available. She also confirmed my flight arrival time of 10 pm and my estimated time in the airport arrivals area of 10:30pm was again fine for the company hours. I asked about the difference in cost and the staff member said 'there's a difference?' to which I found odd.

I also inquired about an email confirmation and was told everything was fine and it was in the company system and I accepted it although not having an email confirmation would have been preferred. When I arrived at the Calgary airport, I went immediately to the car rental services desk and was told to go down one floor to the pillars across from gate 1 and there would be a shuttle phone. I didn't locate the phone so I phoned 403-299-1201 from my cell phone 4 times as I was receiving a recording the business was closed. I thought it was an automated answering service and it was just a matter of a staff answering the phone.

FAILING TO REACH ANYONE BECAUSE THEY WERE CLOSED, I returned to the rental services and went desk to desk until I found the lowest cost rental which I believe exceeded my original booking considerably. I forwarded the email confirmation of the original Expedia booking, both screenshots from my phone showing my call on Monday morning and my attempts Monday night, my 2nd car booking through Alamo and a link to my Grandmother's memorial notice to the manager, Mr. Meru. He accepted responsibility for the negligence of accepting a customer's business and not being available to actually deliver.

He assured me the company would refund me the difference between the 2 bookings. After numerous emails and delays and a month after the funeral. Mr. Meru finally told me I had to contact someone else and didn't provide any contact info.

2 weeks later I was directed to a website.This company has ZERO regard for its customers.

Review about: Europcar Car Rental.

Had an Experience with Europcar?

Comments