After struggling with thier website i called their office at Heathrow. I wanted a meet and greet service for my arrival at Terminal 5.

Their representative recommended their 'Arrive and Drive' service at an extra cost of £20.00.

I had been guaranteed i would be met at T5, with nothing more needed than a signature and i would be on my way.

THIS IS NOT TRUE.......THERE WAS NO MEET AND GREET!!

After 30 minutes of calling various numbers i finally tracked down a man in a Europcar Kiosk that sits outside T5 near the bus pick-ups. He was tired and not at all helpful.

We did the paper work and then trekked with 2 trolleys of luggage to the furthest point of the car park where our car was.

This in itself was not a huge ordeal but why sell something that simply doesn't exist..?? Also the drop off is NOT AT THE TERMINAL AS I WAS PROMISED.

I have tried to communicate with Eurocar about this mis-sold service. They are more interested in keeping their £20 than keeping a customer satisfied.

I fly into Heathrow and rent cars every month, i will never use Europcar again.

C Fairbrass

Review about: Europcar Customer Care.

Had an Experience with Europcar?

Comments

London, England, United Kingdom #723374

DO NOT TRUST EUROPCAR. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR CREDIT CARD DETAILS - THEY COST ME £1000, PUT ME IN DANGER AND HAVE CAUSED ME NOTHING BUT STRESS SINCE.

Europcar in Spain provided me with a dodgy car with a worn out clutch on the *** of failing, the clutch burnt out after just 90 minutes of hiring it as they failed to checked or service the car properly. The car was dangerous which I would soon find out, the clutch failed whilst on a hill and would not go into first or second gear. It started rolling backwards down the hill with passengers in it so I had to push harder than normal on the clutch to stop us rolling off the hill and it burnt out. We had to jump out then and there, there was nothing more we could do.

Instead of rectifying the situation they shouted at me before even inspecting the car and gave me a bill of £1000. They ruined my holiday, the following 2 months were absolute *** trying to get this unfair situation resolved to no success. It was really upsetting and I've tried everything to stop them just taking my money but as it was booked in spain there is nothing i can do, it is under Spanish law and would be very expensive to fight. I have tried the ECRCS and other companies out there to resolve disputes but after battling for months it is pointless, the whole situation is hugely unfair. I had even paid extra for full insurance which turns out does not cover clutches or brakes. On top of it all they even charged me for a day's rental and 150...

The big man wins.

Please for your own sake DO NOT TRUST EUROPCAR SPAIN. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR CREDIT CARD DETAILS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, it's not worth the risk.

EUROPCAR CASE NUMBER - 6026377744. (Ref Nr 4680020-1)

javier200

Be very careful when you rent a car with EUROPCAR in Bruges, Belgium.I was a victim of a big scam by the people at this office.

I was told it will be OK to return the car on Sunday even though the office will be close. They said just park the car and drop the keys through the office door. When I returned home to the US, I had a bill from EUROPCAR for damage to the car and another one for fuel. First, I took pictures of the car when I left it at the parking lot.

The car was in the exact same condition as it was when I picked it up in Dusseldorf. There was no damage to any part of the car not even a scratch in the paint. Also, I kept a receipt from the gas station in Bruges where I filled the gas tank on my way to return the car. My Credit card company has been trying to get prove of the damages from Europcar but so far in three months they haven't sent anything.

To me this is a scam to get extra money from foreign tourist. The car was perfect when I left and the tank was full.

I know it and they know it so it is a shame that a company I used to consider honest will do this to its customers.Stay away from Europcar in Bruges.

I used euro car and the staff are very rude and nasty.I booked in for a small diesel car when i arrived to collect they gave me a bigger petrol car.

My email conformation confirmed a small diesel car but i had to pay more money.They are ripoffs do not used them ever