Slough, England
2.4

Update by user May 04, 2016

In general I was content with Europcar services for 3 years. Then then charged me for something I clearly said I did not want. And now they are refusing to reimburse the cost of mis-sold product although I have all the documentation supporting my case.

Original review posted by user May 03, 2016

They always tried to sell me some insurance package which is ridiculously overpriced. I insured myself against everything elsewhere and so did not need any extras (such as reduced excess, windscreen or tyres protection cover or total "peace of mind" cover, roadside assistance etc).

Once I clearly replied "NO" to offer of one of such packages just to find out later that I apparently was billed extra £32 AFTER the hire has been already completed. I must have been distracted and signed the agreement without thoroughly checking (to be fair, the costs break down was rather complex and included 8 items in total + VAT for some of them).

If not for this incident, I was quite content with the services, prices and rewards program for about 3 years (15 hires, 5000+ miles total).

The right way to handle this would be to just refund me the £32, but my loyalty apparently costs nothing.

That's OK, there are 4 more car rentals in the area (Alamo, Hertz, Enterprise, Thrifty).

Product or Service Mentioned: Europcar Protection Plan.

Preferred solution: Full refund of the mis-sold product + compensation for the time and efforts spent on escalating the issue (total of 300 GBP).

Europcar Pros: Special offers, Proximity of the branch, Affordable rates, Good selection of vehicles, Vehicles in good condition, Brand new cars.

Europcar Cons: Poor customer services, Overcharging, Selling products you do not need, Complex costs breakdown, Mis-selling insurance, Poor customer service.

• Mis-sold Policy