Europcar - Bait & switch artist and fraudster

1 of 337 Europcar reviews

Don’t rent a car from these swindlers. On 6 September 2016, I rented a car from Europcar at London Heathrow Airport.

First - bait & switch: they said they can upgrade me to a different car for an extra $7 per day (USA dollars), so I accepted the deal. Then they use a bait and switch tactic to get me to sign paperwork that resulted in my paying an extra $26 per day. I was jetlagged from the trip so I wasn’t paying attention to all the details on the numerous forms.

Second - fraud: 2 days after I returned car, they accused me of putting a hole on the front bumper. I emailed back to say that the hole was already on the bumper when I picked up the car. They emailed back to me saying their operations team always inspect car for any damage before hiring out their cars. I emailed back photos that I took when I picked up car. Photos show pre-existing damage on bumper. So they had no choice but to drop the charges.

They are a bunch of liars. They are bait-and-switch artists and they are fraudsters who are charging customers for pre-existing damage. These snakes will no doubt charge their next victim for the same bumper damage. Lesson learned: always take photos of car when you pick up car and when you return car; always read all the fine print.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Additional Fees

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Upgrade costs 4 times more than verbal agreement
    • Accuse me of causing pre-existing damage on car

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
Price reduction
Review category
Rentals
review #960301 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Europcar? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
1 of 337 Europcar reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Europcar. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Europcar.
Filing a new complaint about
×