1.4
Additional Fees

Don’t rent a car from these swindlers. On 6 September 2016, I rented a car from Europcar at London Heathrow Airport.

First - bait & switch: they said they can upgrade me to a different car for an extra $7 per day (USA dollars), so I accepted the deal. Then they use a bait and switch tactic to get me to sign paperwork that resulted in my paying an extra $26 per day. I was jetlagged from the trip so I wasn’t paying attention to all the details on the numerous forms.

Second - fraud: 2 days after I returned car, they accused me of putting a hole on the front bumper. I emailed back to say that the hole was already on the bumper when I picked up the car. They emailed back to me saying their operations team always inspect car for any damage before hiring out their cars. I emailed back photos that I took when I picked up car. Photos show pre-existing damage on bumper. So they had no choice but to drop the charges.

They are a bunch of liars. They are bait-and-switch artists and they are fraudsters who are charging customers for pre-existing damage. These snakes will no doubt charge their next victim for the same bumper damage. Lesson learned: always take photos of car when you pick up car and when you return car; always read all the fine print.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: Upgrade costs 4 times more than verbal agreement, Accuse me of causing pre-existing damage on car.

Had an Experience with Europcar?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion