Don’t rent a car from these swindlers. On 6 September 2016, I rented a car from Europcar at London Heathrow Airport.
First - bait & switch: they said they can upgrade me to a different car for an extra $7 per day (USA dollars), so I accepted the deal. Then they use a bait and switch tactic to get me to sign paperwork that resulted in my paying an extra $26 per day. I was jetlagged from the trip so I wasn’t paying attention to all the details on the numerous forms.
Second - fraud: 2 days after I returned car, they accused me of putting a hole on the front bumper. I emailed back to say that the hole was already on the bumper when I picked up the car. They emailed back to me saying their operations team always inspect car for any damage before hiring out their cars. I emailed back photos that I took when I picked up car. Photos show pre-existing damage on bumper. So they had no choice but to drop the charges.
They are a bunch of liars. They are bait-and-switch artists and they are fraudsters who are charging customers for pre-existing damage. These snakes will no doubt charge their next victim for the same bumper damage. Lesson learned: always take photos of car when you pick up car and when you return car; always read all the fine print.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Upgrade costs 4 times more than verbal agreement
- Accuse me of causing pre-existing damage on car
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Price reduction
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "rented rims from there for 2 months. when i gave the rims back the mechanic messed up the install, causing the stud on my car to snap and my wheel..."
- "Blood all over the inside of one of the two trucks I rented! I reserved two trucks one of the reservations got lost but they were able to get a..."
- "They boast new cars and pre hire check however I saw none of this. I paid about a tenth of the cars value to hire a wreck in Bourges airport..."
- "I bought a slimming pills from this seller http://www.ioffer.com/selling/nixiao but I never get the items. He/she cheated my $100 (my hard earned money). Please be careful. He/she might have other account. April..."
- "Jo-Ann doesn't care about their customers! I saw flannel on sale at $2.99 a yard (regularly $6.99). I am not one for buying online, so I called the Jo-Ann closest..."
- "I got a fake profile request. I talked to this guy for 1.5 year. His profile said he is 30 and he is a doctor. The pictures he had posted..."
- "Great partner and company, design build and operate super concepts. Genius Was ecstatic to work on E_P with mr keyes. It started my career..."
- "Last night, my wife and I attempted to book a flight for an upcoming trip for 6 members of our family using Orbitz.com. We entered all of the information for..."
- "Many movies that came out in 2015 are still not available to stream in the USA however they are available to stream in South America. Many just released movies are..."